We had a very good day today. The weather was good and I felt better. My new little guy is adjusting VERY well to our class, much to every ones surprise. I have some very sweet kids. In the picture you see a very "motherly" little girl feeding a little boy his lunch. This little boy has Muscular Dystrophy and is very frail. This little girl has taken him under her wing and helps him any time she can. It is so precious. When I saw this scene at lunch, it made my heart melt! This is why I teach!!!!! On a bittersweet note--my assistant is leaving us for awhile to substitute teach in another teachers classroom. She is going out on maternity leave Monday so he will leave us for approximately 6 weeks. The good news is my old assistant is returning to me while he is gone. I am sad to see Mr. Vega go, but happy to see Ms. Lee return. I didn't get a chance to tell the kids so Monday will be rather confusing for all of us.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment