Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First day with "problem student"...


Today was scary at first because I was expecting the worst! I had heard so many horror stories about my new student that I just figured today would be a nightmare. When I met him, I made him look me right in the eye and I told him that I WAS THE TEACHER and I WAS IN CHARGE!!! He said OK and went on his merry way. I had to speak to him a few times for very minor things and he complied every time. SHOCKED me to no end! I admit I stayed on him like white on rice just to make sure he didn't forget who the boss was LOL! At the end of the day, he was fine. However, I am not letting my guard down because he might be lulling me into a false sense of security. One of my "regular" students gave me much more trouble than our new friend did today. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Many times a behavior problem will not manifest itself until the child feels very comfortable and "in control". I will make sure he NEVER feels that he is in control of my class. My other students just accepted him like he was one of them. Sweet kids. They will accept just about anyone into their circle of friends!

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture with the lightening! Glad he wasn't a holy terror...today.

    ReplyDelete